Indo-Pak: RSS cautions Centre of pursuing `mirage of peace`
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of External Affairs Minister S M Krishna`s on-going visit to Pakistan, RSS has alleged that India has gone soft towards its neighbour which continues to be belligerent and cautioned against giving away its national interest for the "mirage of peace".
In an editorial in the latest issue of its mouthpiece Organiser, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh has charged that the Indian government keeps making constant attempts to befriend Pakistan while the latter has hardly made any friendly gesture since its formation more than six decades ago.
The article also mentions the agreement to ease visa rules between the two countries which was inked today and says the Indian side has been ready with the move for months while the Pakistani side has been dithering over it. The publication hit the stands today before the agreement was signed.
"The entire Pakistan-centric foreign relations agenda of India is building to a crescendo for the visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh later this year...It is alright to dance with the devil as long as the tune and steps are in our control. The UPA government and the PM should not give away the nation`s interest in pursuit of the mirage of peace with Pakistan," the editorial states.
It maintains that there are "whispers" of some agreements being in the offing on issues like those regarding Sir Creek and Kargil where India would lose much.
The editorial also mentioned the recent mass doctored images originating from Pakistan which had reportedly lead to the exodus of Northeast people from various parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!