Indo-Pak: RSS cautions Centre of pursuing `mirage of peace`
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of External Affairs Minister S M Krishna`s on-going visit to Pakistan, RSS has alleged that India has gone soft towards its neighbour which continues to be belligerent and cautioned against giving away its national interest for the "mirage of peace".
In an editorial in the latest issue of its mouthpiece Organiser, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh has charged that the Indian government keeps making constant attempts to befriend Pakistan while the latter has hardly made any friendly gesture since its formation more than six decades ago.
The article also mentions the agreement to ease visa rules between the two countries which was inked today and says the Indian side has been ready with the move for months while the Pakistani side has been dithering over it. The publication hit the stands today before the agreement was signed.
"The entire Pakistan-centric foreign relations agenda of India is building to a crescendo for the visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh later this year...It is alright to dance with the devil as long as the tune and steps are in our control. The UPA government and the PM should not give away the nation`s interest in pursuit of the mirage of peace with Pakistan," the editorial states.
It maintains that there are "whispers" of some agreements being in the offing on issues like those regarding Sir Creek and Kargil where India would lose much.
The editorial also mentioned the recent mass doctored images originating from Pakistan which had reportedly lead to the exodus of Northeast people from various parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'