Indo-Pak talks will help achieve peace: Pranab
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has expressed hope that "progress" made by India and Pakistan on bilateral dialogue will help in realising the goal of peace and progress of the two countries.
In his message to his Pakistani counterpart Asif Ali Zardari yesterday on their Independence Day, he said, "It gives me pleasure to note the progress in bilateral dialogue, a reflection of the strong desire of our people for peace and harmony.
"I am confident that the success of our sustained efforts would result in mutually beneficial cooperation for our peoples to realize the shared goals of peace, progress and prosperity."
Greeting the people and the government of Pakistan on the occasion of Independence Day, Mukherjee said, "On behalf of the people and the government of India, I have the pleasure of conveying our greetings and felicitations to the people and the government of Pakistan on the occasion of your Independence Day."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory