Indo-Russian civil nuclear agreement historic: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday hailed the Indo-Russian civil nuclear agreement as "historic", saying that it will ensure uninterrupted uranium fuel supply and transfer of technology to the country.
"We welcome it. It`s a historic agreement...Besides
ensuring the transfer of nuclear technology, it will lead to
uninterrupted nuclear fuel supply. India`s nuclear programme
will progress after the agreement," party spokesperson Shakeel
Ahmad told reporters here.
The two countries signed the broad-based agreement in
civil nuclear field yesterday that will ensure transfer of
technology and uninterrupted uranium fuel supplies to its
nuclear reactors and inked three pacts in the defence sector.
The agreements were signed after talks between Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev
at the Kremlin, during which they discussed a whole range of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'