Indo-Russian civil nuclear agreement historic: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday hailed the Indo-Russian civil nuclear agreement as "historic", saying that it will ensure uninterrupted uranium fuel supply and transfer of technology to the country.
"We welcome it. It`s a historic agreement...Besides
ensuring the transfer of nuclear technology, it will lead to
uninterrupted nuclear fuel supply. India`s nuclear programme
will progress after the agreement," party spokesperson Shakeel
Ahmad told reporters here.
The two countries signed the broad-based agreement in
civil nuclear field yesterday that will ensure transfer of
technology and uninterrupted uranium fuel supplies to its
nuclear reactors and inked three pacts in the defence sector.
The agreements were signed after talks between Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev
at the Kremlin, during which they discussed a whole range of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!