Indo-Russian civil nuclear agreement historic: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday hailed the Indo-Russian civil nuclear agreement as "historic", saying that it will ensure uninterrupted uranium fuel supply and transfer of technology to the country.
"We welcome it. It`s a historic agreement...Besides
ensuring the transfer of nuclear technology, it will lead to
uninterrupted nuclear fuel supply. India`s nuclear programme
will progress after the agreement," party spokesperson Shakeel
Ahmad told reporters here.
The two countries signed the broad-based agreement in
civil nuclear field yesterday that will ensure transfer of
technology and uninterrupted uranium fuel supplies to its
nuclear reactors and inked three pacts in the defence sector.
The agreements were signed after talks between Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev
at the Kremlin, during which they discussed a whole range of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing