Indo-US naval exercise `Malabar` starts from Apr 7
Chennai: The 15th edition of Exercise Malabar, the annual military exercise between the navies of India and the United States in the Bay of Bengal, will commence from April 07.
The 10-day exercise, to conclude on April 16, would take place in the sea stretch off Visakhapatnam and Chennai, official sources said here.
While the Indian Navy will be represented by INS Satpura, INS Ranvijay, INS Ranvir, INS Kulish and INS Shakti, USS Carl Vinson, USS Harley and USS Bunker Hill will represent the US Navy, they said.
Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson had carried the body of al Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden before it was lowered to its final resting place at sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam