Indo-US naval exercise `Malabar` starts from Apr 7
Chennai: The 15th edition of Exercise Malabar, the annual military exercise between the navies of India and the United States in the Bay of Bengal, will commence from April 07.
The 10-day exercise, to conclude on April 16, would take place in the sea stretch off Visakhapatnam and Chennai, official sources said here.
While the Indian Navy will be represented by INS Satpura, INS Ranvijay, INS Ranvir, INS Kulish and INS Shakti, USS Carl Vinson, USS Harley and USS Bunker Hill will represent the US Navy, they said.
Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson had carried the body of al Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden before it was lowered to its final resting place at sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof