Indo-US Strategic Dialogue next month
New Delhi: Counter-terrorism, cyber security, counterfeit currency and a host of other issues will figure in the Indo-US Strategic Dialogue to be held in Washington next month.
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna will lead the Indian delegation at the crucial dialogue where illicit financing, transnational crimes and exchange of technology will also be discussed threadbare. Home Secretary R K Singh will be part of the team besides other officials.
The American delegation will be led by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
The situation in Afghanistan and Pakistan and cooperation in counter-terrorism will get prominence in the two-day meeting where Indian officials are likely to ask for US technology cooperation in checking the flow of fake Indian currency notes.
India is impressed with the American technology which has a data base of each counterfeit US dollar -- photograph, from where it originated, its route of travel and people behind its circulation.
New Delhi will seek the technology to check the menace and build its own data base of counterfeit fake Indian currency notes.
India may also flag the issue of slow progress in punishing the perpetrators of 26/11 terror attack by Pakistan and Islamabad`s refusal to take action against terror mastermind Hafiz Saeed for whom American had announced a bounty of USD 10 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'