Indo-US Strategic Dialogue postponed
New Delhi: The second round of the Indo-
US Strategic Dialogue, co-chaired by External Affairs Minister
S M Krishna and US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, has
been postponed in view of the Assembly elections in India and
ongoing developments in West Asia and North Africa.
Scheduled to be held in the beginning of April, the
dialogue will be now rescheduled for the earliest available
opportunity, Ministry of External Affairs said here today.
"In view of the state elections in India and ongoing
developments in West Asia and North Africa, the two sides have
decided to reschedule the Strategic Dialogue and will hold it
at the earliest available opportunity. The date for the
Strategic Dialogue will be decided through mutual
consultation," it said.
Acting as a principal mechanism for advancing
bilateral cooperation across the full spectrum of the
relationship between India and the US, the dialogue also
provides an opportunity to both sides to exchange views on
global and regional issues of mutual interest.
Giving the details of the important bilateral events
over the next few weeks, the ministry said it will include
visit of Commerce Secretary to Washington, the meeting of the
India-US Joint Working Group in Counter Terrorism on March 25
Apart from this, the meeting of the High Technology
Cooperation Group is scheduled in May here and the India-US
Higher Education Summit in June 2011 in Washington.
The first Homeland Security Dialogue and the meeting
of the Joint Working Group on Space Cooperation will also be
scheduled in the coming weeks, the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more