Indo-US Strategic Dialogue postponed
New Delhi: The second round of the Indo-
US Strategic Dialogue, co-chaired by External Affairs Minister
S M Krishna and US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, has
been postponed in view of the Assembly elections in India and
ongoing developments in West Asia and North Africa.
Scheduled to be held in the beginning of April, the
dialogue will be now rescheduled for the earliest available
opportunity, Ministry of External Affairs said here today.
"In view of the state elections in India and ongoing
developments in West Asia and North Africa, the two sides have
decided to reschedule the Strategic Dialogue and will hold it
at the earliest available opportunity. The date for the
Strategic Dialogue will be decided through mutual
consultation," it said.
Acting as a principal mechanism for advancing
bilateral cooperation across the full spectrum of the
relationship between India and the US, the dialogue also
provides an opportunity to both sides to exchange views on
global and regional issues of mutual interest.
Giving the details of the important bilateral events
over the next few weeks, the ministry said it will include
visit of Commerce Secretary to Washington, the meeting of the
India-US Joint Working Group in Counter Terrorism on March 25
Apart from this, the meeting of the High Technology
Cooperation Group is scheduled in May here and the India-US
Higher Education Summit in June 2011 in Washington.
The first Homeland Security Dialogue and the meeting
of the Joint Working Group on Space Cooperation will also be
scheduled in the coming weeks, the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city