Indo-US Strategic Dialogue postponed
New Delhi: The second round of the Indo-
US Strategic Dialogue, co-chaired by External Affairs Minister
S M Krishna and US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, has
been postponed in view of the Assembly elections in India and
ongoing developments in West Asia and North Africa.
Scheduled to be held in the beginning of April, the
dialogue will be now rescheduled for the earliest available
opportunity, Ministry of External Affairs said here today.
"In view of the state elections in India and ongoing
developments in West Asia and North Africa, the two sides have
decided to reschedule the Strategic Dialogue and will hold it
at the earliest available opportunity. The date for the
Strategic Dialogue will be decided through mutual
consultation," it said.
Acting as a principal mechanism for advancing
bilateral cooperation across the full spectrum of the
relationship between India and the US, the dialogue also
provides an opportunity to both sides to exchange views on
global and regional issues of mutual interest.
Giving the details of the important bilateral events
over the next few weeks, the ministry said it will include
visit of Commerce Secretary to Washington, the meeting of the
India-US Joint Working Group in Counter Terrorism on March 25
Apart from this, the meeting of the High Technology
Cooperation Group is scheduled in May here and the India-US
Higher Education Summit in June 2011 in Washington.
The first Homeland Security Dialogue and the meeting
of the Joint Working Group on Space Cooperation will also be
scheduled in the coming weeks, the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate