Indo-US training exercise in East China Sea
Washington: Indian and the US navy are
conducting their annual amphibious training exercise - Habu
Nag -- in the East China Sea, which is designed to enhance
their bilateral interoperability, including humanitarian
assistance and disaster response.
Forward-deployed amphibious assault ship USS Essex
(LHD 2) is participating in this exercise, while several
officers of the Indian Armed Forces embarked on it to observe
Navy and Marine amphibious training and to participate in a
The exercise that started on September 29 is scheduled
to conclude today.
"A key aspect is that the US has Marines embedded with
Navy staff, doing jobs for the Navy that are Marine Corps
oriented and vice versa," said Lt Col Evan Holt, a Marine
liaison officer assigned to Commander, Task Force 76, who is
working with the Indian officers.
"We want to demonstrate how two different services
with two different goals mesh their operations and personnel
to complete those goals," Holt said.
Cmdr Gagan Kaushal, of the Indian navy said the
exercise gives them the chance to get a ground view of how
everything is executed.
"It also gives us the chance to get a ground view of
how everything is executed," he said.
Noting that it has been a wonderful experience being
on a US ship, Col Manoj Tiwari, of the Indian Army said: "We
have learned a lot about the US Marine Corps and how they
function and work with the naval element.
We have the experience on land; what we hope to learn
is how the Marines perform landings and facilitate more fluid
interaction between our own naval and amphibious elements."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing