Indonesian panel keen about PM`s minority prog
New Delhi: Keen to know about Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s 15-point programme for minority welfare, a delegation from Indonesia visited a national minority body here.
The Indonesian delegation led by that country`s
Presidential Advisory Council on Religious Affairs member K H
Maruf Amin met the officials of National Minority Commission
here and discussed various government programmes as well as institutions for development of minorities in India.
The delegation was keen to know how various ethnic and religious groups maintain harmony and eradicate discrimination and how the central government’s safe-guards reaches minorities, a government release said.
There were detailed deliberations between NCM members
led by its Vice Chairman H T Sangliana and the 5 members of the Indonesian delegation during the visit during which the
NCM informed them about the features of Sachar Committee
Report and Prime Minister’s 15-point programme for minorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah