Industrialist arrested in RS poll horse trading case
Ranchi: Industrialist RK Agarwal, an Independent candidate in last year`s Rajya Sabha election in Jharkhand, was arrested by the CBI on Tuesday.
"Agarwal was arrested from a place near a court here. He has been taken for interrogation in connection with the alleged horse trading during Rajya Sabha election," Deputy Superintendent of Police (CBI) A K Jha said.
Agarwal was accused of horse trading during the biennial election last year.
Special CBI judge R K Chaudhary on Tuesday had cancelled Agarwal`s bail plea on the request of the investigating agency, which claimed the lower court had granted bail despite evidence against him under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The Election Commission had countermanded the Rajya Sabha polls in two seats in Jharkhand in the wake of allegations of horse trading and seizure of Rs 2.15 crore in cash from an aide of Agarwal.
The CBI had taken charge of the investigation, and conducted raids in the premises of at least 23 MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad
- Doctors say bill is 'black day' for surrogacy, will spawn corruption