Industrialist responds to Pitroda`s call on innovation council
Vadodara: After the technology guru Sam
Pitroda urged the Chief Ministers as well as industrialists to
set up innovation councils in the country, a UK-based
industrialist of Indian origin, Paresh Parekh promised to help
set up one such council in Vadodara.
On Saturday, while inaugurating a lecture series in
Vadodara, Pitroda had made an appeal that innovation councils
was the need of the hour. Parekh, who was present in the
audience, agreed to take up responsibility.
Parekh said - The office
space required for innovation council here will be made
available from me.
A former student of Bhavan?s School located on
the outskirts of the city, Parekh has settled down in UK and
has an office in Brussels and runs a business in waste
Chairman of CII (Central Zone) Nitin Mankad said that the
the project report on this city level Innovative council will
be ready within a week.
Madhu Mehta, a local industrialist is given the task
of setting up the council and communicate its progress with
Pitroda, who is an advisor to the Prime Minister on
public information, infrastructure and innovations, had said
that he had written to all the chief ministers in the country
urging them to set up state level innovation councils, saying
they were "necessary for developing a culture of innovations."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday