Industry opinion to form input in media policy: Tewari
Mumbai: Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari has assured the media and advertising fraternity that industry views would be taken into consideration while framing policies relating to the sector.
Speaking at the International Advertising Association (IAA)`s first Leadership Awards function in Mumbai late Saturday, Tewari listed out paradoxes associated with the media and entertainment industry - self regulation, skewed revenue model and imperfect audience measurement models, among others.
Highlighting the need to create a statutory mechanism to address issues related to convergence across media, entertainment and telecom, Tewari said: "Convergence across media, entertainment and telecom space, especially with digitization kicking in, is inevitable."
Tewari presented the IAA Leadership Awards in various categories, honouring individuals in the field of marketing, advertising and media.
Veteran media professional Pradeep Guha, who was associated with the Times Group and Zee Network, was inducted into the Hall of Fame, while advertising industry veteran Sam Balsara was honoured with the Media Agency Head of the Year award.
In all, there were 18 categories of awards, including creative agency head, best CEO, media person of the year, best editor, best news anchor, and marketing head of the year in banking, insurance, automobile, telecom, FMCG products, and travel and hospitality sectors, among others.
The event was attended by more than 400 senior professionals from advertising, media and marketing fields from all over the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP