Infighting costs BJP BDC Vice Chairman Post in HP
Nahan: Infighting in Nahan unit of
Himachal Pradesh`s ruling BJP cost the party the post of Vice
Chairperson of Nahan Block Development Committee (BDC) despite
having two-thirds majority.
A high drama was witnessed during the election as BJP-
supported candidate Suresh Kumar was unanimously elected
chairperson but for the post of Vice Chairman, the situation
was totally different and Maya Devi, supported by BJP, polled
only four votes in the 18-member house while Congress-backed
candidate Suleman got 13 votes. One vote was declared invalid.
At least six or seven BJP-supported BDC members reportedly
cross-voted, leading to defeat of the party-backed candidate.
Later, addressing a press conference, Vinay Gupta, Vice
President of Sirmour District BJP and Digamber Singh,
President, Nahan BJP Mandal announced an open war against the
ex MLA heading one of the warring factions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UEFA Champions League final: Five classic Real Madrid-Atletico Madrid derbies
- 'Potassium bromate not allowed as additive in packaged water'
- Govt should put evidence before court: Chidambaram on Karti
- SHOCKING: Milan metro suspended ahead of UEFA Champions League final match
- Monaco Grand Prix: Daniel Ricciardo secures maiden pole in Monte Carlo