Infighting costs BJP BDC Vice Chairman Post in HP
Nahan: Infighting in Nahan unit of
Himachal Pradesh`s ruling BJP cost the party the post of Vice
Chairperson of Nahan Block Development Committee (BDC) despite
having two-thirds majority.
A high drama was witnessed during the election as BJP-
supported candidate Suresh Kumar was unanimously elected
chairperson but for the post of Vice Chairman, the situation
was totally different and Maya Devi, supported by BJP, polled
only four votes in the 18-member house while Congress-backed
candidate Suleman got 13 votes. One vote was declared invalid.
At least six or seven BJP-supported BDC members reportedly
cross-voted, leading to defeat of the party-backed candidate.
Later, addressing a press conference, Vinay Gupta, Vice
President of Sirmour District BJP and Digamber Singh,
President, Nahan BJP Mandal announced an open war against the
ex MLA heading one of the warring factions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!