Infiltration bid foiled along LoC in J&K
Jammu: Army troops foiled an infiltration bid
by militants along Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of
Jammu and Kashmir, an official said on Wednesday.
Alert troops guarding the LoC observed movement of a group
of armed militants near Indo-Pak border in Nangi Tikri area of
Poonch district last night.
They laid ambushes and challenged the militants to
surrender and when the ultras resorted to small arms firing on
the troops and they retaliated, an Army official said.
After brief exchange of fire, militants escaped to
Pakistan side, they said, adding that the infiltration bid was
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends