`Infiltration from B’desh has to stop at all costs`
New Delhi: The Border Security Force, said Thursday it has to "clamp down" on infiltartion from Bangladesh "at all costs" and deploy enhanced surveillance along the sector.
"We have to clamp down on illegal infiltration at all costs. The challenge is to optimally use our manpower in the difficult terrain of this border aided by surveillance equipment like satellite imagery and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles," outgoing BSF Director General U K Bansal told journalists before the forces` raising day on December 1.
Bansal`s tenure as BSF commander ends tomorrow.
The chief of the country`s second largest paramilitary force said similar measures will also be taken along the other frontier BSF guards-- Pakistan-- to keep a check on infiltration and smuggling of narcotics and arms.
"The force has decided to enhance its abilities along the borders (Pakistan and Bangaldesh) and the deployed manpower will be taking the help of surveillance equipments and additional intelligence to strengthen our abilities on these two frontiers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli