`Infiltration from B’desh has to stop at all costs`
New Delhi: The Border Security Force, said Thursday it has to "clamp down" on infiltartion from Bangladesh "at all costs" and deploy enhanced surveillance along the sector.
"We have to clamp down on illegal infiltration at all costs. The challenge is to optimally use our manpower in the difficult terrain of this border aided by surveillance equipment like satellite imagery and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles," outgoing BSF Director General U K Bansal told journalists before the forces` raising day on December 1.
Bansal`s tenure as BSF commander ends tomorrow.
The chief of the country`s second largest paramilitary force said similar measures will also be taken along the other frontier BSF guards-- Pakistan-- to keep a check on infiltration and smuggling of narcotics and arms.
"The force has decided to enhance its abilities along the borders (Pakistan and Bangaldesh) and the deployed manpower will be taking the help of surveillance equipments and additional intelligence to strengthen our abilities on these two frontiers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog