`Infiltration from B’desh has to stop at all costs`
New Delhi: The Border Security Force, said Thursday it has to "clamp down" on infiltartion from Bangladesh "at all costs" and deploy enhanced surveillance along the sector.
"We have to clamp down on illegal infiltration at all costs. The challenge is to optimally use our manpower in the difficult terrain of this border aided by surveillance equipment like satellite imagery and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles," outgoing BSF Director General U K Bansal told journalists before the forces` raising day on December 1.
Bansal`s tenure as BSF commander ends tomorrow.
The chief of the country`s second largest paramilitary force said similar measures will also be taken along the other frontier BSF guards-- Pakistan-- to keep a check on infiltration and smuggling of narcotics and arms.
"The force has decided to enhance its abilities along the borders (Pakistan and Bangaldesh) and the deployed manpower will be taking the help of surveillance equipments and additional intelligence to strengthen our abilities on these two frontiers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details