`Infiltration from B’desh has to stop at all costs`
New Delhi: The Border Security Force, said Thursday it has to "clamp down" on infiltartion from Bangladesh "at all costs" and deploy enhanced surveillance along the sector.
"We have to clamp down on illegal infiltration at all costs. The challenge is to optimally use our manpower in the difficult terrain of this border aided by surveillance equipment like satellite imagery and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles," outgoing BSF Director General U K Bansal told journalists before the forces` raising day on December 1.
Bansal`s tenure as BSF commander ends tomorrow.
The chief of the country`s second largest paramilitary force said similar measures will also be taken along the other frontier BSF guards-- Pakistan-- to keep a check on infiltration and smuggling of narcotics and arms.
"The force has decided to enhance its abilities along the borders (Pakistan and Bangaldesh) and the deployed manpower will be taking the help of surveillance equipments and additional intelligence to strengthen our abilities on these two frontiers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh