`Infiltration from B’desh has to stop at all costs`
New Delhi: The Border Security Force, said Thursday it has to "clamp down" on infiltartion from Bangladesh "at all costs" and deploy enhanced surveillance along the sector.
"We have to clamp down on illegal infiltration at all costs. The challenge is to optimally use our manpower in the difficult terrain of this border aided by surveillance equipment like satellite imagery and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles," outgoing BSF Director General U K Bansal told journalists before the forces` raising day on December 1.
Bansal`s tenure as BSF commander ends tomorrow.
The chief of the country`s second largest paramilitary force said similar measures will also be taken along the other frontier BSF guards-- Pakistan-- to keep a check on infiltration and smuggling of narcotics and arms.
"The force has decided to enhance its abilities along the borders (Pakistan and Bangaldesh) and the deployed manpower will be taking the help of surveillance equipments and additional intelligence to strengthen our abilities on these two frontiers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez