Infiltrators held, fake currency seized along Bangla border
Shillong: The BSF today apprehended two
Bangladeshi infiltrators and seized fake currency in separate
incidents along the border in Meghalaya.
Two Bangladeshi boatmen, Warshi Ali and Lal Miya, were
apprehended near Bholaganj while they were trying to pick up
limestones inside the Indian territory, BSF officials said.
A country made boat was also recovered from their
In another incident, the border guards chased some
unknown miscreants trying to enter India illegally from the
Bangladeshi side in a motorcycle near Ghewmari and they
escaped in the dense forest, officials said.
The motorcycles and fake India currency notes with a
face value of Rs 10,000 were recovered from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?