Infiltrators held, fake currency seized along Bangla border
Shillong: The BSF today apprehended two
Bangladeshi infiltrators and seized fake currency in separate
incidents along the border in Meghalaya.
Two Bangladeshi boatmen, Warshi Ali and Lal Miya, were
apprehended near Bholaganj while they were trying to pick up
limestones inside the Indian territory, BSF officials said.
A country made boat was also recovered from their
In another incident, the border guards chased some
unknown miscreants trying to enter India illegally from the
Bangladeshi side in a motorcycle near Ghewmari and they
escaped in the dense forest, officials said.
The motorcycles and fake India currency notes with a
face value of Rs 10,000 were recovered from the spot.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know