Infiltrators held, fake currency seized along Bangla border
Shillong: The BSF today apprehended two
Bangladeshi infiltrators and seized fake currency in separate
incidents along the border in Meghalaya.
Two Bangladeshi boatmen, Warshi Ali and Lal Miya, were
apprehended near Bholaganj while they were trying to pick up
limestones inside the Indian territory, BSF officials said.
A country made boat was also recovered from their
In another incident, the border guards chased some
unknown miscreants trying to enter India illegally from the
Bangladeshi side in a motorcycle near Ghewmari and they
escaped in the dense forest, officials said.
The motorcycles and fake India currency notes with a
face value of Rs 10,000 were recovered from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what