Influx from Bangladesh a national problem: BJP
Sibsagar (Assam): The BJP regards large scale infiltration from neighbouring Bangladesh to the North Eastern region as a national problem and not just a regional problem.
"This is a national problem as the country`s security is concerned. It is no longer a regional problem or an issue concerning the states of the North Eastern region only", BJP`s women`s wing national president Smriti Irani told a news agency here last night.
Irani, who is here to attend the ongoing BJP`s state executive meet as an observer, said even New Delhi has admitted that the infiltration problem was a major issue. Promising to take up the matter with the party`s central leadership and the government, Irani said the country`s security had been jeopardised by such a large scale influx.
Launching a scathing attack on the ruling Congress both in the state and the Centre, the actor-turned politician alleged that it was "doubtful" whether any action would be taken against infiltrators.
"They (Congress) are using the Bangladeshis as their vote bank", she alleged.
On the Bhopal tragedy, Irani demanded a punishment for the guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar