Influx from Bangladesh a national problem: BJP
Sibsagar (Assam): The BJP regards large scale infiltration from neighbouring Bangladesh to the North Eastern region as a national problem and not just a regional problem.
"This is a national problem as the country`s security is concerned. It is no longer a regional problem or an issue concerning the states of the North Eastern region only", BJP`s women`s wing national president Smriti Irani told a news agency here last night.
Irani, who is here to attend the ongoing BJP`s state executive meet as an observer, said even New Delhi has admitted that the infiltration problem was a major issue. Promising to take up the matter with the party`s central leadership and the government, Irani said the country`s security had been jeopardised by such a large scale influx.
Launching a scathing attack on the ruling Congress both in the state and the Centre, the actor-turned politician alleged that it was "doubtful" whether any action would be taken against infiltrators.
"They (Congress) are using the Bangladeshis as their vote bank", she alleged.
On the Bhopal tragedy, Irani demanded a punishment for the guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you