Influx from Bangladesh a national problem: BJP
Sibsagar (Assam): The BJP regards large scale infiltration from neighbouring Bangladesh to the North Eastern region as a national problem and not just a regional problem.
"This is a national problem as the country`s security is concerned. It is no longer a regional problem or an issue concerning the states of the North Eastern region only", BJP`s women`s wing national president Smriti Irani told a news agency here last night.
Irani, who is here to attend the ongoing BJP`s state executive meet as an observer, said even New Delhi has admitted that the infiltration problem was a major issue. Promising to take up the matter with the party`s central leadership and the government, Irani said the country`s security had been jeopardised by such a large scale influx.
Launching a scathing attack on the ruling Congress both in the state and the Centre, the actor-turned politician alleged that it was "doubtful" whether any action would be taken against infiltrators.
"They (Congress) are using the Bangladeshis as their vote bank", she alleged.
On the Bhopal tragedy, Irani demanded a punishment for the guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters