`Influx of Muslims from neighbouring nations alarming`
Jaipur: Terming the influx of Muslims from Bangladesh and some other neighbouring nations as an alarming issue, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) on Saturday said it was a matter of serious concern for the country`s security.
"One of the alarming issues has been huge influx of Muslims from the neighbouring countries, Bangladesh in particular.”
"This is a matter of grave concern and is a national threat," Krishna Gopal, the Joint General Secretary of RSS, told reporters on the second day Akhil Bhartiya Pratinidhi Sabha at Jamdoli, near here.
About the condition of women in the country, he said "the RSS is of the view of having a stringent law to tackle the plight of females."
On economic policies, Gopal said the economic crisis were aggravated by the myopic policies of the government.
"Growth rate of manufacturing sector, growing unemployment, unabated price rise, widening deficit in foreign trade and growing foreign dominance are pushing us to a grave economic crisis and foreign dependence," he said.
The RSS also raised the issue of pollution in rivers.
"Rivers like Ganga and Yamuna on the one hand are held as centres of profound reverence, and on the other hand they sustain the livelihood of crores of people besides sustaining ecological order of a large part of the country," he said.
On the other hand, river water disputes, like that of Cauvery, are also a matter of concern, he said, adding sharing of river water amongst the states must be done in a judicious and harmonious manner in the context of larger public good.
A statement of senior RSS leader Bhaiya Joshi was also released which demands the government of India to ensure that Sri Lankan government acts in a responsible manner in rehabilitating and providing full civil and political rights to displaced Tamils.
"It is our considered opinion that lasting peace will return to Sri Lanka only when the Government of that country sincerely and amply addresses the grievances of the Tamils of the North and East as well as those refugees living in India," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical