Injured diplomat may be evacuated to Israel
Tel Aviv: Tal Yehoshua Koren, an Israeli embassy staffer who was injured on Monday in a car bombing in New Delhi, may be evacuated to Israel, a media report said.
Two Israeli doctors arrived at the Delhi hospital where Koren was admitted and they took charge of her medical care, reported the Jerusalem Post.
The doctors were coincidentally in New Delhi when Koren, the wife of the defence attache in the embassy, was injured in the car explosion. The others injured are her driver Manoj Sharma (42), and two other people Arun Sharma and Manjeet Singh who were travelling in another car.
Doctors attending on Koren at Primus Hospital meanwhile said she was stable. She has been operated upon and shrapnel removed from her spine, they added.
A surgery on her spinal cord was performed last night.
"The patient is stable now, a surgery was conducted and she is conscious now," medical superintendent of Primus Hospital ND Khurana said.
"We will decide the course of treatment after a meeting of a group of doctors," he said.
Meanwhile , the driver of the Israeli embassy car, who was also injured in the explosion, is expected to be discharged from the RML Hospital today.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh