Injured diplomat may be evacuated to Israel
Tel Aviv: Tal Yehoshua Koren, an Israeli embassy staffer who was injured on Monday in a car bombing in New Delhi, may be evacuated to Israel, a media report said.
Two Israeli doctors arrived at the Delhi hospital where Koren was admitted and they took charge of her medical care, reported the Jerusalem Post.
The doctors were coincidentally in New Delhi when Koren, the wife of the defence attache in the embassy, was injured in the car explosion. The others injured are her driver Manoj Sharma (42), and two other people Arun Sharma and Manjeet Singh who were travelling in another car.
Doctors attending on Koren at Primus Hospital meanwhile said she was stable. She has been operated upon and shrapnel removed from her spine, they added.
A surgery on her spinal cord was performed last night.
"The patient is stable now, a surgery was conducted and she is conscious now," medical superintendent of Primus Hospital ND Khurana said.
"We will decide the course of treatment after a meeting of a group of doctors," he said.
Meanwhile , the driver of the Israeli embassy car, who was also injured in the explosion, is expected to be discharged from the RML Hospital today.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?