Injured Indian nationals flown to Delhi from Chad
New Delhi: The six Indian nationals injured in a shooting in the Central African republic last month have been brought here this morning and are receiving treatment in AIIMS.
The injured were brought in a special French military flights from Chad, where they had been receiving medical treatment earlier, sources in External Affairs Ministry said.
The Indians, transferred straight from the airforce station to AIIMS where arrangements were made to keep them under medical supervision, are not reported to be facing any serious medical issue at this stage, they said.
A team of doctors and para medics from AIIMS was present at the airport and ensured their smooth transfer from the airport to the hospital.
MEA officials visited the patients and discussed their status with the doctors.
"We expect some of the six injured to be discharged in a day or two, while the remaining may be required to spend some more time at the hospital," they said.
French troops had killed two Indians and wounded six others last month when they opened fire on vehicles approaching the airport in the capital of the strife-torn Central African Republic. French President Francois Hollande had expressed regret over the tragic incident and promised an investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead