Injured Israeli diplomat stable, could be released
New Delhi: The condition of Tal Yehoshua,
the Israeli woman diplomat who is recuperating at a hospital
after suffering injuries in the bomb attack on
Monday, remained stable and she is likely to be discharged
Admitted in the ICU of the Primus Super Speciality
Hospital since Monday night, 40-year-old Tal, the wife of
Israeli Defence Attache, has undergone a spine and liver
surgery and is responding well to treatment, doctors attending
on her said.
Dr Arun Bhanot, chief of spine surgery with the
Hospital, said "her condition is improving. She is stable and
conscious. We will monitor her for another day at the ICU and
then we will shift her to the room, depending on her
Tal was taken to the hospital from the blast site on
Monday evening after shrapnels had got stuck in her spine
"Only one shrapnel was removed from her injured spine.
Minute ones that are still lodged in her body need not be
taken out as they are not going to affect her physical
condition, he said.
Meanwhile, the mother of Tal Yehoshua, Tzafira Koren,
today arrived here from Israel to meet her ailing daughter.
"Everyday, she is visited by her children and husband.
But today, there was an addition to the family. We saw an
elderly woman with whom Tal was conversing happily. She was
introduced to us as the mother of Tal Yehoshua who had flown
down from Israel to be at the side of her ailing daughter," a
senior doctor with the Hospital said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof