Ink attack on Yogendra Yadav: Such problems are expected, says Arvind Kejriwal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Reacting over an incident of ink attack on the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Yogendra Yadav, party convenor Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday said that when a person chooses to walk on the path of truth such problems are expected.
“They will do all this, when one is on the path of truth, such problems are expected,” Kejriwal said.
A man today smeared ink on Yadav`s face during an event to mark Women`s Day at Jantar Mantar here.
The attacker was identified as Sagar Bhandari, 38-yrs-old, a resident of Assam, working in AAP`s Shalimar Bagh office. After the incident, Bhandari was thrashed by AAP members following which he was taken away by the police to Parliament Street police station.
Meanwhile, an another AAP leader Shazia Ilmi said, “Anyone can don AAP cap and do this, an old trick of putting your people inside other parties.”
“I got to know that he(attacker) joined AAP a month before state elections and after that no one knew where he was till today,” Yadav said soon after the ink attack incident.
However, Bhandari claimed that he wanted to smear ink on AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal.
According to an English news channel, Bhandari said, “I wanted to smear ink on Kejriwal but I put it on Yogendra instead.”
Last year, an alleged Bharatiya Janata Party activist Nachiketa threw black ink on former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal during a press conference in the national capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling