INLD supports Abdul Kalam for President`s post
Rewari: Amid discussions among political parties gathering momentum on the issue of Presidential elections, INLD supremo Om Prakash Chautala on Friday favoured former president APJ Abdul Kalam for the country`s top post.
Chautala said that though the scenario regarding the election of the next incumbent of the Rashtrapati Bhawan was not yet clear, he would like APJ Abdul Kalam to become the President of India again.
Talking to reporters here, the INLD leader also said that Kalam reoccupying the august office would lend brightness to the glory of the country.
Meanwhile in Ambala, Union Tourism Minister Kumari Selja today declined to make any comment at this stage when asked by reporters whether there would be any consensuses on the name of Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for the post of President.
Selja said that as the matter was already under discussion in the Congress party at the high command level, she did not want to make any comment on it at this stage.
Stating the office of President was a position of dignity, she said, there should be a consensuses on the candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!