INLD supports Abdul Kalam for President`s post
Rewari: Amid discussions among political parties gathering momentum on the issue of Presidential elections, INLD supremo Om Prakash Chautala on Friday favoured former president APJ Abdul Kalam for the country`s top post.
Chautala said that though the scenario regarding the election of the next incumbent of the Rashtrapati Bhawan was not yet clear, he would like APJ Abdul Kalam to become the President of India again.
Talking to reporters here, the INLD leader also said that Kalam reoccupying the august office would lend brightness to the glory of the country.
Meanwhile in Ambala, Union Tourism Minister Kumari Selja today declined to make any comment at this stage when asked by reporters whether there would be any consensuses on the name of Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for the post of President.
Selja said that as the matter was already under discussion in the Congress party at the high command level, she did not want to make any comment on it at this stage.
Stating the office of President was a position of dignity, she said, there should be a consensuses on the candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey