INLD supports Abdul Kalam for President`s post
Rewari: Amid discussions among political parties gathering momentum on the issue of Presidential elections, INLD supremo Om Prakash Chautala on Friday favoured former president APJ Abdul Kalam for the country`s top post.
Chautala said that though the scenario regarding the election of the next incumbent of the Rashtrapati Bhawan was not yet clear, he would like APJ Abdul Kalam to become the President of India again.
Talking to reporters here, the INLD leader also said that Kalam reoccupying the august office would lend brightness to the glory of the country.
Meanwhile in Ambala, Union Tourism Minister Kumari Selja today declined to make any comment at this stage when asked by reporters whether there would be any consensuses on the name of Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for the post of President.
Selja said that as the matter was already under discussion in the Congress party at the high command level, she did not want to make any comment on it at this stage.
Stating the office of President was a position of dignity, she said, there should be a consensuses on the candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah