INLD supports Abdul Kalam for President`s post
Rewari: Amid discussions among political parties gathering momentum on the issue of Presidential elections, INLD supremo Om Prakash Chautala on Friday favoured former president APJ Abdul Kalam for the country`s top post.
Chautala said that though the scenario regarding the election of the next incumbent of the Rashtrapati Bhawan was not yet clear, he would like APJ Abdul Kalam to become the President of India again.
Talking to reporters here, the INLD leader also said that Kalam reoccupying the august office would lend brightness to the glory of the country.
Meanwhile in Ambala, Union Tourism Minister Kumari Selja today declined to make any comment at this stage when asked by reporters whether there would be any consensuses on the name of Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for the post of President.
Selja said that as the matter was already under discussion in the Congress party at the high command level, she did not want to make any comment on it at this stage.
Stating the office of President was a position of dignity, she said, there should be a consensuses on the candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!