Inquiry into flagship scheme in Sonia`s constituency
Rae Bareli (UP): An inquiry will be held into works under the flagship Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojna in Sonia Gandhi`s constituency, it was decided at a meeting attended the Congress chief and officials here Monday.
"At the district vigilance and monitoring committee meeting, it has been decided to conduct an inquiry by a committee into construction and maintenance works done under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojna.
"An inquiry by a technical committee has also been decided into the poor quality construction of a model school in Ehsan Jagatpur," District Magistrate Amit Gupta told reporters.
The members of the committee, which besides the local MP include local MLAs, reviewed progress of central schemes like MNREGS, PMGSY, Nirmal Bharat and gave their suggestions to ensure the effective implementation.
When Congress MLC, Dinesh Singh pointed that houses to be constructed under Indira Housing Scheme were given to Dr Ram Manohar Lohia villages and norms were not followed in their allotment, he was assured by the district authorities that his concern would be taken care of.
Earlier, Gandhi laid the foundation stones of a post office, FM radio station and a girls’ school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress