Inquiry into flagship scheme in Sonia`s constituency
Rae Bareli (UP): An inquiry will be held into works under the flagship Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojna in Sonia Gandhi`s constituency, it was decided at a meeting attended the Congress chief and officials here Monday.
"At the district vigilance and monitoring committee meeting, it has been decided to conduct an inquiry by a committee into construction and maintenance works done under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojna.
"An inquiry by a technical committee has also been decided into the poor quality construction of a model school in Ehsan Jagatpur," District Magistrate Amit Gupta told reporters.
The members of the committee, which besides the local MP include local MLAs, reviewed progress of central schemes like MNREGS, PMGSY, Nirmal Bharat and gave their suggestions to ensure the effective implementation.
When Congress MLC, Dinesh Singh pointed that houses to be constructed under Indira Housing Scheme were given to Dr Ram Manohar Lohia villages and norms were not followed in their allotment, he was assured by the district authorities that his concern would be taken care of.
Earlier, Gandhi laid the foundation stones of a post office, FM radio station and a girls’ school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!