Inquiry on in attack on Pakistani prisoner: Shinde
New Delhi: An inquiry was on in the attack on a Pakistani prisoner in a jail in Jammu, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said here on Friday.
"The incident took place at 8-8.30 am. There was an attack on a Pakistani inmate in Jammu jail. An inquiry is being conducted," Shinde told reporters.
He, however, refused to comment if it was in retaliation to the attack and consequent death of Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan.
Sarabjit Singh, who had spent over 20 years in jail in Pakistan, died on Thursday in a Lahore hospital. He had been on death row after being convicted as a terrorist.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged