Inquiry on in attack on Pakistani prisoner: Shinde
New Delhi: An inquiry was on in the attack on a Pakistani prisoner in a jail in Jammu, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said here on Friday.
"The incident took place at 8-8.30 am. There was an attack on a Pakistani inmate in Jammu jail. An inquiry is being conducted," Shinde told reporters.
He, however, refused to comment if it was in retaliation to the attack and consequent death of Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan.
Sarabjit Singh, who had spent over 20 years in jail in Pakistan, died on Thursday in a Lahore hospital. He had been on death row after being convicted as a terrorist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok