Inquiry ordered into Army`s Kochi housing project
New Delhi: A court of inquiry (CoI) has been ordered to investigate alleged irregularity in the Army Welfare Housing Project at Kochi, Defence Minister A K Antony informed Lok Sabha on Monday.
"A CoI has been directed by the Army Headquarter to investigate into the alleged irregularity in the AWHO project at Kochi and the convening authority has directed for an early completion of the CoI," he said in a written reply.
In last four years, the Minister said in eight cases of land scam and residential scams related to Army, inquiries have been ordered.
"In six cases, that is AWHO project at Kochi, Adarsh housing project in Mumbai, Pune land case, issue of NOC by Srinagar Defence Estates Officer, Pune Cantonment and Jodhpur case, investigations are under process," he said.
Antony said in the Kandivili land scam case, CBI has closed the case after the preliminary inquiry while in the Sukna case, action has already been taken against the erring officials.
Replying to another query, the Defence Minister said the Central Vigilance Commission has tendered their First Stage Advice against 43 officials.
"On the basis of CVC`s advice, with the approval of competent authority, further action is taken as per relevant rules," he said.
To a question on the Border Roads Organistion, Antony said some irregularities have been reported in the purchase of digital telephone exchange equipment during 2008-09 in the Project Deepak of the force.
"The CBI investigated the matter following which sanction for prosecution has been sought against certain officers and departmental action has been recommended. Adjutant Generals` branch has been accordingly asked to take necessary action," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony