INS Teg affiliated with Sikh Light Infantry regime
New Delhi: As part of the Army`s tradition to enhance jointness between the services, an Indian Navy warship INS Teg was on Thursday affiliated with the Sikh Light Infantry regiment in Mumbai.
An affiliation between any two units of different services is aimed at enhancing jointness and synergy between the services to better meet the ever changing dynamics of modern warfare, an Army release said.
"The charter of affiliation was signed in the presence of Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh, who is the Colonel of the Sikh Light Infantry Regiment and Western Naval Commander," it said.
This is in conformity with the ongoing practice wherein, 25 Regiments of the Army are already affiliated to various ships of the Navy.
Gen Singh termed the affiliation of the Sikh Light Infantry Regiment with INS Teg as "historic", as both the units symbolised the "cutting edge" of their respective forces.
He underscored the importance of joint operations and stated that there was renewed emphasis on a joint approach by the three services for success in operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her