INS Teg affiliated with Sikh Light Infantry regime
New Delhi: As part of the Army`s tradition to enhance jointness between the services, an Indian Navy warship INS Teg was on Thursday affiliated with the Sikh Light Infantry regiment in Mumbai.
An affiliation between any two units of different services is aimed at enhancing jointness and synergy between the services to better meet the ever changing dynamics of modern warfare, an Army release said.
"The charter of affiliation was signed in the presence of Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh, who is the Colonel of the Sikh Light Infantry Regiment and Western Naval Commander," it said.
This is in conformity with the ongoing practice wherein, 25 Regiments of the Army are already affiliated to various ships of the Navy.
Gen Singh termed the affiliation of the Sikh Light Infantry Regiment with INS Teg as "historic", as both the units symbolised the "cutting edge" of their respective forces.
He underscored the importance of joint operations and stated that there was renewed emphasis on a joint approach by the three services for success in operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement