INS Vikramaditya may have been snooped by NATO allies
New Delhi: Aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya may have been snooped by a surveillance aircraft belonging to one of the NATO countries when it was undergoing sea trials in Russia.
The aircraft carrier may have been snooped by an American-origin P-3C Orion surveillance aircraft belonging to the NATO nations, sources said.
They, however, said the warship was with the Russian Navy when the P-3C Orion flew close to it during the sea trials.
INS Vikramaditya has generated a lot of interest in the global navies and a lot of them, including both friends and adversaries, want to know about its capabilities and strengths.
The warship was handed to the Indian Navy on Saturday at the Sevmash shipyard Russia after a delay of more than five years.
The warship, which is without any air defence missile system, is being escorted by a group of frigates and tanker ships to bring it here at its home base in Karwar in Karnataka.
The escorting warships are also expected to protect it from any snooping attempt and other such measures.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm