INS Vikramaditya to undergo sea trials from June
Panaji: The sea-trials of INS Vikramaditya would be held from June in the North Sea before its final hand-over in December, Russian Ambassador to India Alexander M Kadakin said on Friday.
INS Vikramaditya, which was undergoing repairs at Russia`s Servmash shipyard, would be having sea trials in the North Sea soon, he told reporters.
Originally named Admiral Gorshkov, the aircraft carrier was purchased by India from Russia in 2004.
It would be delivered in December as per the schedule, Kadakin said.
On the delay in the delivery of the warship, Kadakin said, "If you want a healthy baby, don`t try to organise birth. The baby is ready now and would be exercising in North Sea from next month onwards."
He said Russia would ensure that the ship undergoes sophisticated exercises.
He also remarked that it was strange that much had been written about delay in handing over Vikramaditya but no one was questioning the delay in delivery of Scorpene submarines (Indo-French technology transfer initiative) which has been delayed by five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!