INS Vikramaditya to undergo sea trials from June
Panaji: The sea-trials of INS Vikramaditya would be held from June in the North Sea before its final hand-over in December, Russian Ambassador to India Alexander M Kadakin said on Friday.
INS Vikramaditya, which was undergoing repairs at Russia`s Servmash shipyard, would be having sea trials in the North Sea soon, he told reporters.
Originally named Admiral Gorshkov, the aircraft carrier was purchased by India from Russia in 2004.
It would be delivered in December as per the schedule, Kadakin said.
On the delay in the delivery of the warship, Kadakin said, "If you want a healthy baby, don`t try to organise birth. The baby is ready now and would be exercising in North Sea from next month onwards."
He said Russia would ensure that the ship undergoes sophisticated exercises.
He also remarked that it was strange that much had been written about delay in handing over Vikramaditya but no one was questioning the delay in delivery of Scorpene submarines (Indo-French technology transfer initiative) which has been delayed by five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok