`Insurgents using Bangladesh to spread militancy in India`
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar has said that neighbouring Bangladesh is still being used by insurgent groups to conduct terror activities in the region.
While addressing an event in memory of martyr policemen in Agartala on Sunday, Sarkar said though militancy in the state has dipped, yet it has not been eradicated.
“Militants have become weak and cornered. The people of Tripura have isolated them but not uprooted the menace completely. It is not true that they are totally inactive.”
“Presently they are very active, yes in comparison to earlier days their activities have come down. According to our information at present in Bangladesh there are still 20-22 militant camps of our state,” said Sarkar.
He highlighted that though Bangladesh has cooperated in curbing use of its soil for militancy-related activities, however more efforts are needed to eradicate it completely.
“However, the present government in Bangladesh is very active in not allowing the militants to use their soil for spreading terror in our country.”
“And by this they have tried to improve relations with India. But we have also noticed that during the last two years the Bangladesh government has taken few measures against the militants who are using their territory," said Sarkar.
Separatist movements have riddled India`s remote northeast for decades. Manipur is one of India`s most troubled regions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo