Integrated plan required to combat Naxalism: Rajnath Singh
Lucknow: A comprehensive integrated action plan was required to solve problems like naxalism, separatism, terrorism and his ministry was working on it, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Saturday.
"Whether it`s naxalism, separatism or terrorism, a comprehensive integrated action plan is needed and my ministry has started work on it. We accept the challenge and based on this efforts will be made to take balanced action," Rajnath said.
He said that efforts which were required to tackle big problems before the country was not taken in the past.
"The integrated action plan could not be chalked out. We have started work on it and we have faith to achieve success," he said.
The Union Minister said that the party has decided to work as per the thinking of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee that a friend could be changed, but not a neighbour.
"After independence it was for the first time that heads of SAACRC countries were invited for swearing in ceremony. By doing this we have given a clear message to have a cordial relation with them. Normally it takes one to one and a half years. We have talks with the SAARC heads and they want to maintain good relationship with India," he said.
Rajnath said that the people have given the BJP mandate and they have expectations as well.
"The person who has become the PM Narendra Modi has a dynamic and imaginative personality. I am sure that in the next five years the government will prove true on the expectations of the people," he said.
The Union Minister said that the government was not celebrating as it was shocked with the untimely death of Gopinath Munde.
"He was a popular leader and we planned to project him as the Chief Minister in Maharashtra Assembly Elections," he said.
Regarding development of his parliamentary constituency Lucknow, Rajnath said that an action plan would be chalked out in 100 days responsibility of which has been given to former vice-chairman of Lucknow Development Authority Diwaker Tripathi.
When asked about law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh, the Union Home Minister said he will not comment on any state at this point of time.
"My ministry has report of all the states, but I won`t comment on any state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof