Inter-ministerial panel chalks out strategy to boost tourism
New Delhi: In a bid to give a boost to tourism sector, government has decided to finish the exercise to rationalise visa regime within two weeks and expedite development of facilities at 19 World Heritage Sites.
At a meeting of the inter-ministerial coordination committee for tourism sector convened by Prime Minister`s Office (PMO), it was also decided that a sub-committee consisting of secretaries of Tourism, Rural Development and Labour ministries be set up to identify employment potential in tourism and hospitality sectors.
This committee will make recommendations regarding specific training and skill development requirements and prepare an action plan.
It was also decided that the Culture Ministry will expedite the development of essential facilities like tourist facilitation and information centres, souvenir shops and toilet facilities at 19 World Heritage Sites managed by ASI.
The Ministry will also take an early decision on proposals received in this connection by the ASI from ITDC.
A PMO statement said the ongoing exercise of rationalisation of visa regime should be completed by the Home Ministry within two weeks.
The Tourism Ministry will also work out an action plan for imparting training of the Immigration staff within four weeks.
The state governments will also be requested to partner the exercise for creation of tourist facilitation and infrastructure facilities in all 116 ticketed ASI monuments.
The Committee noted that basic amenities and high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are essential for enhancing quality of experience that the country offers to the visitors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?