Inter-state ops against Maoists launched in WB, Jharkhand
Kolkata: Expressing confidence of reclaiming
areas dominated by Maoists, Union Home minister P Chidambaram
on Tuesday said inter-state operations against them had been
launched in West Bengal and Jharkhand.
"The meeting discussed inter-state operations between West
Bengal and Jharkhand besides West Bengal and Orissa and some
decisions have been taken. These decisions will be
implemented," he told a press conference after the key meeting
with chief ministers, deputy chief ministers and senior
officials of four Naxal-hit states.
Stating that intra-state operations against Maoists had
been launched in Jharkhand and West Bengal, he said, "We will
reclaim areas now dominated by Naxals. Civil administration
will be firmly established in those areas."
Expressing confidence that further progress would be made
in six months, the Home Minister said he was satisfied with
what was happening all over the country.
Admitting that there were some inadequacies here and
there, he said, "We discussed both strength and weaknesses."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi