Inter-state ops against Maoists launched in WB, Jharkhand
Kolkata: Expressing confidence of reclaiming
areas dominated by Maoists, Union Home minister P Chidambaram
on Tuesday said inter-state operations against them had been
launched in West Bengal and Jharkhand.
"The meeting discussed inter-state operations between West
Bengal and Jharkhand besides West Bengal and Orissa and some
decisions have been taken. These decisions will be
implemented," he told a press conference after the key meeting
with chief ministers, deputy chief ministers and senior
officials of four Naxal-hit states.
Stating that intra-state operations against Maoists had
been launched in Jharkhand and West Bengal, he said, "We will
reclaim areas now dominated by Naxals. Civil administration
will be firmly established in those areas."
Expressing confidence that further progress would be made
in six months, the Home Minister said he was satisfied with
what was happening all over the country.
Admitting that there were some inadequacies here and
there, he said, "We discussed both strength and weaknesses."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections