International border with Pakistan peaceful: BSF
New Delhi: BSF is fully alert and alive to any challenge along the International Border with Pakistan even though it is peaceful, a top official said on Thursday.
"There is nothing unusual along the IB. But still we are fully alert and prepared for any challenge either at the IB or the Line of Control (LoC)," BSF chief Subhash Joshi said here.
He was asked by reporters if the IB has seen any ceasefire violation as recently witnessed along the LoC.
The LoC is peaceful now since top military commanders of India and Pakistan agreed yesterday to de-escalate the tension triggered by last week`s brutal killing of two Indian soldiers.
BSF guards 2,289 km of the IB along Pakistan.
The BSF DG was talking to journalists after flagging off a 160-member force contingent to Haiti for UN peacekeeping duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?