International Communist leaders to meet in Delhi
New Delhi: For the first time in India,
Communist and workers leaders from across the world would meet
here to debate the global crisis of capitalism and the
struggles against it.
The three-day 11th International Meeting of Communist and
Workers Parties, being jointly hosted by the CPI(M) and the
CPI from November 22, would also discuss the alternative paths
of developments and the role played by the communist and
workers parties, Left sources said.
A global declaration would be adopted at the conference,
which would also pass resolutions on major issues ranging from
the global economic crisis and the "hegemonistic" role of the
US imperialism in various parts of the world to climate
Over a hundred delegates from these parties are expected
to attend the conference. They would include those from the
United States, Canada, the UK, Greece, Sweden, Palestine,
Lebanon, China, Pakistan, Latin American and African nations.
The 10th such meeting was held at Sao Paulo in Brazil in
2008, which was preceded by the 9th meeting at Minsk in
Belarus and Moscow in 2007, at Lisbon in 2006 and at Athens in
2005, the sources said.
In 1993, the CPI(M) had organised an international
seminar on the `Contemporary World Situation and the validity
of Marxism`, which was attended by representatives of 21
communist and workers parties from across the globe, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India