International Communist leaders to meet in Delhi
New Delhi: For the first time in India,
Communist and workers leaders from across the world would meet
here to debate the global crisis of capitalism and the
struggles against it.
The three-day 11th International Meeting of Communist and
Workers Parties, being jointly hosted by the CPI(M) and the
CPI from November 22, would also discuss the alternative paths
of developments and the role played by the communist and
workers parties, Left sources said.
A global declaration would be adopted at the conference,
which would also pass resolutions on major issues ranging from
the global economic crisis and the "hegemonistic" role of the
US imperialism in various parts of the world to climate
Over a hundred delegates from these parties are expected
to attend the conference. They would include those from the
United States, Canada, the UK, Greece, Sweden, Palestine,
Lebanon, China, Pakistan, Latin American and African nations.
The 10th such meeting was held at Sao Paulo in Brazil in
2008, which was preceded by the 9th meeting at Minsk in
Belarus and Moscow in 2007, at Lisbon in 2006 and at Athens in
2005, the sources said.
In 1993, the CPI(M) had organised an international
seminar on the `Contemporary World Situation and the validity
of Marxism`, which was attended by representatives of 21
communist and workers parties from across the globe, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city