Interpol issues Red Corner notice for Fasih Mohammed
New Delhi: Clearing the decks for his deportation, the Interpol on Thursday issued a Red Corner Notice against Fasih Mohammed, wanted in connection with alleged conspiracy in blasts in Karnataka and Delhi, as government termed as "completely wrong" reports about his detention by Indian intelligence agencies.
The Interpol headquarters in Lyon, France, issued a Red Corner Notice, an international arrest warrant, against the 28-year-old engineer from Bihar.
CBI had approached the Interpol at the request of Delhi and Karnataka police for the alleged role of Mohammed in Chinnaswamy Stadium blasts in Bangalore and Jamia Masjid explosion in 2010.
The Interpol issued the notice against him for offences of terrorism and crimes involving the use of weapons and explosives, Interpol`s official website said.
In New Delhi, Home Minister P Chidambaram denied reports that Mohammed had been detained by Indian intelligence agencies and said media reports appearing in this connection are "completely wrong, I repeat, completely wrong."
"This person is in Saudi Arabia to the best of my knowledge and the police forces which are looking for him -- both Delhi and Karnataka--have approached CBI to put out a notice through Interpol and CBI is putting out a notice through the Interpol.
"He is not in the custody of any security force in India and I am afraid that speculative reports which continue to say so are wrong and unfortunate," Chidambaram said.
Mohammed is alleged to have played a role in the conspiracy behind the Chinnaswamy Stadium blasts in Bangalore on April 17, 2010.
He is likely to be deported soon from Saudi Arabia, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP emerges as big winner in Mumbai, sweeps Pune, Amravati, Nagpur, Nashik
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena way ahead of BJP, leading in 40 seats