Interpol issues Red Corner notice for Fasih Mohammed
New Delhi: Clearing the decks for his deportation, the Interpol on Thursday issued a Red Corner Notice against Fasih Mohammed, wanted in connection with alleged conspiracy in blasts in Karnataka and Delhi, as government termed as "completely wrong" reports about his detention by Indian intelligence agencies.
The Interpol headquarters in Lyon, France, issued a Red Corner Notice, an international arrest warrant, against the 28-year-old engineer from Bihar.
CBI had approached the Interpol at the request of Delhi and Karnataka police for the alleged role of Mohammed in Chinnaswamy Stadium blasts in Bangalore and Jamia Masjid explosion in 2010.
The Interpol issued the notice against him for offences of terrorism and crimes involving the use of weapons and explosives, Interpol`s official website said.
In New Delhi, Home Minister P Chidambaram denied reports that Mohammed had been detained by Indian intelligence agencies and said media reports appearing in this connection are "completely wrong, I repeat, completely wrong."
"This person is in Saudi Arabia to the best of my knowledge and the police forces which are looking for him -- both Delhi and Karnataka--have approached CBI to put out a notice through Interpol and CBI is putting out a notice through the Interpol.
"He is not in the custody of any security force in India and I am afraid that speculative reports which continue to say so are wrong and unfortunate," Chidambaram said.
Mohammed is alleged to have played a role in the conspiracy behind the Chinnaswamy Stadium blasts in Bangalore on April 17, 2010.
He is likely to be deported soon from Saudi Arabia, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here