Interpol lists Karachi as Dawood’s home
New Delhi: Dawood Ibrahim’s city of residence is Pakistan’s Karachi. The present location of the India’s most wanted man is given under the section, UN Security Council Special Notice, on the Interpol website. This certifies India’s claim that the perpetrator of the 1993 Mumbai blasts has been living in Pakistan.
According to the website, Dawood has two homes in Karachi. As per the information, the first address is White House, near Saudi Mosque, Clifton, Karachi and the other is House Number 37, 3th Street, Defence Housing Authority, Karachi.
Amongst the places of issuance of Dawood’s passport, the website lists the cities of Bombay, Rawalpindi, Karachi, Dubai and Jeddah.
The Interpol has informed that the Don is wanted by the Interpol and has been slapped by UN sanctions pursuant to Security Council Resolution 1267 (1999) and successor resolutions, including resolution 1822 (2008). It further informs that the subject is under the following UN Sanctions, that is, freezing of assets, travel ban and arms embargo. It also lists that Dawood has the following permanent reference number on the list maintained by the UN Security Council Al-Qaida and Taliban Sanctions Committee (1267 Committee) which appears in the Special Notice for the subject, QI.K.135.03.
The Don’s present family name has been given as Kaskar, while his forename has been given as Dawood Ibrahim. His date of birth has been given as December 26, 1955, which makes him 55 years old and his place of birth has been given as Ratnagiri, India. The colour of his eyes and hair is black and his distinguished mark and characteristic is a mole on the left eyebrow.
The international arrest warrant issued by the Government of India has been categorised as additional information. According to the Interpol website, he is supposed to speak three languages, English, Hindi and Urdu and his nationality has been outlined as India.
Interestingly, Dawood has been listed to have more than 20 aliases like Abdul Hamid Abdul Aziz, Anis Ibrahim, Aziz Ibrahim, Daud Hasan and Dawood Hasan to name a few. And in his other places of birth, Bombay has been named.
Dawood tops the Mumbai police’s list of most wanted criminals and is among the top fugitives that India has been asking Pakistan to extradite for years now. Leave alone deporting Dawood, Pakistan has been in a state of denial regarding the Don and refuses to acknowledge his presence in their country.
Dawood Ibrahim is the head of the notorious D Company and is said to have a vast underworld empire dealing with illegal activities. He is alleged to have masterminded and financed the 1993 Mumbai bombings in connivance with Pakistan’s ISI. He escaped to UAE from India and to Pakistan thereon. It must be noted that more than 200 people were killed in the 13 serial bomb blasts that shook the financial capital of India in 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city