Interpol notice against Hamza, 19 others
New Delhi: Interpol today issued Red Corner
notice against a Lashker-e-Taiba terrorists wanted in
connection with Mumbai terror strikes in November last year.
The Interpol issued notice against Abu Hamza, accused of
motivating and training the 10 terrorists sent to Mumbai for
carrying out the terror strike.
Ajmal Iman Kasab, the lone arrested terrorist in the
attack, had revealed the names of his Pakistani handlers,
including Abu Hamza, Abu Jindal, Abu Qama and Zaki-ur-Rehman
Lakhvi, who saw them off when they boarded a ship at Karachi.
Hamza had advised them on how to go about the terror
attacks, how to place bomb in a taxi and how the 10-member
terrorist team should go about their mission.
The Interpol had last night issued Red Corner Notices
against Lashkar-e-Taiba founder chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed and
mastermind of Mumbai terror strike Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi.
The Red Corner notice was issued against Saeed (59) and
Lakhvi (48) after a Mumbai court issued a non-bailable warrant
against the two for their role in the attacks in the country`s
financial hub. Saeed was earlier on the United Nations Global
CBI spokesman said Blue Corner notices were issued
against 19 people including Col R Sadat Ullah, believed to be
a Pakistani army personnel.
Through this, India has sought additional information
about their identity or activities in relation to a crime from
Interpol Member countries.
The notice will restrict his free movements and bring International
pressure on Pakistan to act on him, but the sincerity to do so
remains doubtful, security experts in India say.
"It brings international pressure on Pakistan to act
because now he (Saeed) will not be allowed to go abroad. He
will be deported or extradited to India if he goes abroad
because of the RCN," former Indian High Commissioner to
Pakistan G Parthasarthy said.
He said it would be difficult for Pakistan to say that
he is free and we don`t have any evidence against him.
Former Chief of Intelligence Bureau, Ajit Doval said, "We
hope that Pakistan, which claims to be at the forefront of the
war on terrorism, will take note of it and arrest and proceed
Parthasarthy however added that India committed serious
blunder by assuming that he would be handed over to us or
tried honestly in Pakistan.
"India made a fundamental blunder in assuming that we can
persuade Pakistan to either try him honestly there or
extradite him here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon