Interpol`s help sought for tracing British child abuse suspect
Tirunelveli (Tamil Nadu): Police have sought Interpol`s help to arrest a 70-year-old British national against whom a case had been filed for allegedly molesting a minor boy of an orphanage here financed and run by him in 2012.
Police said the victim and others of the home were transferred to other orphanages recognised by the government after the case was filed against British national Jonathan Robinson. The one run by Robinson was not recognised.
Police said though one year had elapsed since the British national managed to escape, he could not be arrested and the arrest warrant was still pending against him. Police suspect Robinson had escaped to Wales or might be staying in Ireland.
Police said Robinson, a Vicar, had sexually abused a 15-year-old boy at the home, which he set up with charity funds from the UK, at Vallioor in the district.
Police sources said they wanted him to attend the court hearing on October 1.
The British consulate officials` help had also been sought to bring him to India, they said.
He was facing a police inquiry for the past one year. The boy was staying in the The Grail Trust home, a British-based charity, founded by the clergyman, which supports disadvantaged children.
The boy claimed Robinson had sexually assaulted him at a hotel in Delhi in April last year, following which Father Joseph Johnson, Director of the child welfare committee, lodged a complaint.
Robinson was no more a director of the trust as he had been suspended, sources said, adding, the home had been closed down by officials.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed