‘Intrigued` by Chhattisgarh attack, says government
New Delhi: Two days after Maoists struck in a big way in Chhattisgarh, the government on Monday said it is "intrigued" by the attack in which almost the entire Congress leadership was wiped out.
"We are intrigued by the attack which has virtually taken the entire leadership of Congress in Chhattisgarh," an official source said about the strike in which state party chief along with another leader were killed and another leader V C Shukla badly injured.
About the motive of the attack, the source said, "It is too early to jump to any bigger conclusion. There is going to be a judicial review."
The source observed that the attack was "a horrendous" incident on "a scale not known before".
27 people, including Chhattisgarh Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh and another party leader Mahendra Karma, were killed in the attack in a forest area of Bastar district on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill