‘Intrigued` by Chhattisgarh attack, says government
New Delhi: Two days after Maoists struck in a big way in Chhattisgarh, the government on Monday said it is "intrigued" by the attack in which almost the entire Congress leadership was wiped out.
"We are intrigued by the attack which has virtually taken the entire leadership of Congress in Chhattisgarh," an official source said about the strike in which state party chief along with another leader were killed and another leader V C Shukla badly injured.
About the motive of the attack, the source said, "It is too early to jump to any bigger conclusion. There is going to be a judicial review."
The source observed that the attack was "a horrendous" incident on "a scale not known before".
27 people, including Chhattisgarh Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh and another party leader Mahendra Karma, were killed in the attack in a forest area of Bastar district on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical