INTUC opposes pro-management policies of UPA
Visakhapatnam: Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC) president G Sanjeeva Reddy on Tuesday said all the trade unions in the country are opposed to the Centre`s pro-private and pro-management polices.
All the trade unions in the country came under one roof and decided to wage a war against the anti-labour and anti-workers` policies of the UPA government Reddy, the AICC working committee member, told reporters here.
The Union government had totally neglected the welfare of the workers in the country and was "protecting the private managements who were exploiting the workers under contract system," he said and demanded the government to abolish the contract workers system and recruit them on a permanent basis.
All the trade unions would organise a meeting on September 4 at New Delhi to chalk out future course of action, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents