`Invalid votes cast during Prez poll regrettable`
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday described as "shameful and regrettable," the number of invalid votes cast during the just concluded Presidential polls.
"It is shameful and regrettable. Only MPs and MLAs had voted in the elections and 52 votes were invalid and four of them were from Tamil Nadu," he said responding to a set of questions in party organ `Murasoli.`
"Isn`t this regrettable," he said.
Responding to reports in a section of media about Sri Lankan Navy allegedly setting up a camp near Dhanushkodi, he said Centre should take action if this was true.
The DMK chief also extended his greetings to Magsaysay award
winner Kulanadei Francis who hails from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH