`Invalid votes cast during Prez poll regrettable`
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday described as "shameful and regrettable," the number of invalid votes cast during the just concluded Presidential polls.
"It is shameful and regrettable. Only MPs and MLAs had voted in the elections and 52 votes were invalid and four of them were from Tamil Nadu," he said responding to a set of questions in party organ `Murasoli.`
"Isn`t this regrettable," he said.
Responding to reports in a section of media about Sri Lankan Navy allegedly setting up a camp near Dhanushkodi, he said Centre should take action if this was true.
The DMK chief also extended his greetings to Magsaysay award
winner Kulanadei Francis who hails from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi