`Invalid votes cast during Prez poll regrettable`
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday described as "shameful and regrettable," the number of invalid votes cast during the just concluded Presidential polls.
"It is shameful and regrettable. Only MPs and MLAs had voted in the elections and 52 votes were invalid and four of them were from Tamil Nadu," he said responding to a set of questions in party organ `Murasoli.`
"Isn`t this regrettable," he said.
Responding to reports in a section of media about Sri Lankan Navy allegedly setting up a camp near Dhanushkodi, he said Centre should take action if this was true.
The DMK chief also extended his greetings to Magsaysay award
winner Kulanadei Francis who hails from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities in his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Why hot climate fuels aggression, violence
- Dinosaur-era bugs knew how to camouflage
- Mumbai school refuses admission to boy, judge offers to pay fees
- Jitu Rai pips three-time Olympic champion Jongoh Jin to clinch the silver medal