`Invalid votes cast during Prez poll regrettable`
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday described as "shameful and regrettable," the number of invalid votes cast during the just concluded Presidential polls.
"It is shameful and regrettable. Only MPs and MLAs had voted in the elections and 52 votes were invalid and four of them were from Tamil Nadu," he said responding to a set of questions in party organ `Murasoli.`
"Isn`t this regrettable," he said.
Responding to reports in a section of media about Sri Lankan Navy allegedly setting up a camp near Dhanushkodi, he said Centre should take action if this was true.
The DMK chief also extended his greetings to Magsaysay award
winner Kulanadei Francis who hails from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016