Investigation into chopper deal on at `many levels`: Khurshid
New Delhi: Holding that investigation into the Rs 3,600-crore VVIP helicopter deal was on at "many levels", India on Monday said Letters Rogatory is the "best and strongest method" available to it for seeking details from Italian courts on the case.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid also said a CBI team from here has gone to Milan in Italy to get material and details about the case.
"Our courts have to issue them and they have to be addressed by Italian courts. But it (Letters Rogatory) is the best and strongest method available to us and hope that will work," he told reporters here.
He was responding to a question on whether Letters Rogatory would be the best way to get details from Italian authorities after a court in Milan had last week refused to share any details with India on the case.
A Letters Rogatory or letter of request is a formal request from a court to a foreign court for some type of judicial assistance.
Khurshid said the Indian Government has not been able to get "concrete materials" from Italian authorities.
"We are not able to get concrete materials from Italians. So far whatever they have done, we have reacted and responded. But up to this point they have not indicated anything. They are unable to share with us anything," he said.
The Minister said it was little premature to get to any conclusion on the issue as the CBI team from India is there to get details.
"Our team is there to gather information and materials which can be analysed when they come," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city