‘Investigators on the verge of cracking 13/7 case’
Mumbai: Investigators are on the verge of
cracking the July 13 Mumbai blasts case, Maharashtra DGP Ajit
Parasnis today said and hoped "very soon things will come
His remark came a day after he stated the terror group
responsible for the blasts had been identified.
"Very soon things will come out. They (the ATS and crime
branch officials) have a lot of information and material with
them. They also have a fair idea as to which group is behind
the blasts but it is not appropriate to reveal the group`s
name," Parasnis said about the triple blasts probe.
"The announcement may come soon," he replied to a query
if the ATS and the crime branch officials, probing the
case, are on the verge of cracking the case.
Yesterday in Kolhapur in western Maharashtra, the DGP
had said the group behind the attacks had been identified.
The metropolis was rocked by three bomb blasts - at
Zaveri Bazaar, Opera House and Dadar - on July 13 during the
evening rush hour, killing 27 persons and injuring over 130.
The investigators suspect the role of terror outfit Indian
Mujahideen (IM) in the blasts and had been probing the case in
that direction, police sources said.
The ATS recently arrested two alleged IM operatives
Mohammad Haroon and Asrar Tailor in a fake currency case and
subjected them to extensive questioning regarding the blasts,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...