‘Investigators on the verge of cracking 13/7 case’
Mumbai: Investigators are on the verge of
cracking the July 13 Mumbai blasts case, Maharashtra DGP Ajit
Parasnis today said and hoped "very soon things will come
His remark came a day after he stated the terror group
responsible for the blasts had been identified.
"Very soon things will come out. They (the ATS and crime
branch officials) have a lot of information and material with
them. They also have a fair idea as to which group is behind
the blasts but it is not appropriate to reveal the group`s
name," Parasnis said about the triple blasts probe.
"The announcement may come soon," he replied to a query
if the ATS and the crime branch officials, probing the
case, are on the verge of cracking the case.
Yesterday in Kolhapur in western Maharashtra, the DGP
had said the group behind the attacks had been identified.
The metropolis was rocked by three bomb blasts - at
Zaveri Bazaar, Opera House and Dadar - on July 13 during the
evening rush hour, killing 27 persons and injuring over 130.
The investigators suspect the role of terror outfit Indian
Mujahideen (IM) in the blasts and had been probing the case in
that direction, police sources said.
The ATS recently arrested two alleged IM operatives
Mohammad Haroon and Asrar Tailor in a fake currency case and
subjected them to extensive questioning regarding the blasts,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog