`Invisible Congress hand` behind heckling of Mamata: Subrata
Kolkata: Senior Trinamool Congress leader Subrata Mukherjee today hinted at an `invisible` Congress hand behind the heckling of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and manhandling of Finance Minister Amit Mitra in Delhi on April 9.
"It should be looked into if an invisible hand of Congress worked behind CPI(M) and SFI hooliganism against the CM, Amit Mitra and I," Mukherjee, the Panchayat Minister, who was present during the incident at Yojana Bhavan, told newsmen here.
"But I don`t have any evidence," he added.
"It should be investigated why the Delhi police were inactive when the CM and other ministers were attacked by CPI(M) hooligans," Mukherjee said.
He also wondered at the police not being able to handle 20 to 22 SFI members and questioned how they could counter terrorists. "Delhi is totally unsafe."
Accusing SFI All India General Secretary Ritabrata Banerjee of direct involvement, Mukherjee said though an FIR was lodged against him and others at the Parliament Street police station, there has been no arrest as yet.
He said though senior CPI(M) leaders condemned the incident, the mood of the party rank and file was different.
On the attacks on CPI(M) party offices in the state, Mukherjee said "such a sentiment is obvious, after all they are human beings, but in general they restrained themselves."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row