Involve corporates to develop villages: Hazare
New Delhi: Returning to blogging a fortnight
after he fell out with his former blogger, Anna Hazare on Tuesday
invited industrialists with "good character" to help in
developing 100 model villages to fight corruption.
Recalling that some business leaders had financially
supported Mahatma Gandhi, he said, "To create model villages,
we will also have to involve such industrialists, who are
willing to serve the country and are of good character.
"I believe that curbing corruption and creating ideal
villages will provide a new direction to the country. I
strongly believe that if activists, who have experience in
village development provide the necessary guidance, it could
help set the direction for the future of India," he said in a
new posting in annahazaresays.indiaagainstcorruption.org.
His re-entry into blogosphere came a fortnight after he
fell out with journalist Raju Parulekar, who was managing his
earlier blog. Hazare had shut down his earlier blog in the
first week of this month.
The Gandhian had accused Parulekar of airing his views on
restructuring Team Anna`s core committee without talking to
him. Parulekar denied the allegations and made public an
unpublished letter by Hazare, in which he had talked about
reorganising his team.
Hazare said in his blog, "If you want proper development
of the country, firstly we need to curb corruption. To achieve
this, we are working for strong anti-corruption laws like the
Jan Lokpal bill."
"To further tackle corruption, we need electoral reforms,
right to reject, decentralisation of power and along with that
we also need to work on implementation of existing laws.
Simultaneously, we also have to develop 100 model villages in
different parts of India," Hazare said.
Hazare said he had received letters from more than 50
educated and committed people with sound social and national
vision, who are willing to commit their lives to volunteer
for this cause.
"Many people, after fulfilling their family
responsibilities, are offering to devote 12-15 days per month.
Many people are ready to work in their own areas as
volunteers. There are many young people who have not married
till now and do not wish to get married. They say they are
ready to devote their life for the nation and society.
"From among these, we will have to choose people with
good character. We will have to send our trusted people to do
their inspection. Along with selection, we will also have to
"Leadership training will have to be imparted to
volunteers interested in creating model villages. It will be a
three months training. It is necessary to generate two leaders
per village," he said.
Reacting to Hazare`s return to blogging, Parulekar, said,
"My best wishes to Annaji`s new blog. Pls check whether it is
in Anna`s handwriting and signed by Anna himself because
blog`s copyright to India Against Corruption."
In the midst of controversy over the blog, Hazare had
earlier said that only writings with his signature are valid
and no other material should be viewed as his.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest