IO cross-examination in nun rape case from Wednesday
Cuttack: Cross examination of key
prosecution witness and the investigating officer (IO) in the
Kandhamal nun rape case will begin here Wednesday.
Crime branch deputy superintendent of police Dilip
Mohanty is the IO in the case since the time the department
was entrusted to investigate the case in 2008.
The nun of Baliguda Catholic church was allegedly raped
during the communal riots of August 2008 in the aftermath of
the murder of VHP leader Swami Laxmananada Saraswati and four
of his disciples on August 23, 2008.
The chief examination (examination by prosecution
counsel) of Mohanty ended on Tuesday in the chamber of
Cuttack district sessions judge, who is holding trial in the
case since August 2010 after the case was transferred here
from a Phulbani court following directions from Orissa High
Ever since the Cuttack court began trial, cross
examination and deposition of as many as 28 prosecution
witnesses are over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant