IPL fixing sting: Vindu`s claims “nonsense”, says Lalit Modi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Reacting to the sensational exposé on Indian Premier League match-fixing scandal, former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi on Tuesday asked if Bollywood actor Vindu Dara Singh was trying to prove that he and Gurunath Meiyappan are saints.
Vindu, one of those allegedly involved in the 2013 IPL spot-fixing scandal, made some startling claims in a sting operation conducted by Zee Media Corp. The Bollywood actor claimed that the entire IPL match-fixing fiasco was actually a fight between Union Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar and BCCI president N Srinivasan.
While talking to a Zee Media Corp reporter, Vindu claimed: “This entire case is actually a tussle between Modi and Srinivasan. We have nothing to do with it...Lalit Modi just needed a chance to get Srinivasan out.”
When asked to react, Modi dubbed the sensational claims made by Vindu as “nonsense”.
“You really want me to comment on nonsense,” Modi asked, adding: “Good for him. What is he trying to prove that he and Guru are saints?”
In the video, Vindu claimed he was being used as a pawn to get to Srinivasan.“They (cops) said, ‘We know you haven’t done anything, but there’s pressure from Sharad Pawar sahab and until Srinivasan isn’t nabbed you will have to stay. You will have to stay here for 10-15 days or a month’,” he said.
He also claimed that Gurunath Meiyappan had lost a huge bet. Asked why he was chosen, Vindu said: “Gurunath is Srinivasan’s son-in-law. If anything is proved against Guru then…”
The controversial actor also added that the IPL is “100 percent fixed” and that he is only aware of one owner who is directly involved in betting, Vijay Mallya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy