IPL issue: Pawar unfazed by allegations
New Delhi: NCP chief Sharad Pawar was
on Friday unfazed by allegations against his family and party
leader Praful Patel in the IPL issue, saying he was not
worried as they had nothing to do with it.
He was also unperturbed by the demands for Joint
Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe.
"Why should we worry? We have nothing to do," the
Union agriculture minister shot back when asked whether he was
concerned that media reports were naming his party and some
leaders as beneficiaries in the IPL issue.
When pointed out that Opposition parties were
demanding JPC probe, he said, "Let them do whatever they want
His comments came amid allegations that Pawar`s family
had been beneficiaries in the IPL and there was "gross misuse
of power" by Patel in it, a charge denied by the party which
is a partner in the Congress-led coalition at the Centre and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?