IPL issue: Pawar unfazed by allegations
New Delhi: NCP chief Sharad Pawar was
on Friday unfazed by allegations against his family and party
leader Praful Patel in the IPL issue, saying he was not
worried as they had nothing to do with it.
He was also unperturbed by the demands for Joint
Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe.
"Why should we worry? We have nothing to do," the
Union agriculture minister shot back when asked whether he was
concerned that media reports were naming his party and some
leaders as beneficiaries in the IPL issue.
When pointed out that Opposition parties were
demanding JPC probe, he said, "Let them do whatever they want
His comments came amid allegations that Pawar`s family
had been beneficiaries in the IPL and there was "gross misuse
of power" by Patel in it, a charge denied by the party which
is a partner in the Congress-led coalition at the Centre and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa