IPL spot-fixing a corruption issue: BJP
Thiruvananthapuram: BJP National General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy today said spot-fixing in IPL cricket is an issue of corruption and what has happened over the past few days was very unfortunate.
"It is an issue of corruption and betrayal," he told reporters here. "It is good that government is contemplating a law to deal with betting and fixing," he said.
However, he wondered whether the IPL corruption was overshadowing national corruption such as Coalgate and the 2-G scam.
"It is a matter of concern whether the individual corruption is getting more prominence than the corruptions and scams that took place at the government level," he said.
Asked if BCCI Chief N Srinivasan should have resigned over the spot fixing scandal, Rudy said it depended the probity of individual to take a decision on such matter.
Srinivasan has rejected demands for his resignation and announced the setting up of a three-member commission to go into charges against his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan, arrested on charges of betting in IPL matches. He had said the panel would investigate the scandal, that led to the arrest of three Rajasthan Royals players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra