IPL spot-fixing: BCCI must own up responsibility, says BJP
Mumbai: Alleging that cricket fans are "betrayed" due to IPL spot-fixing, opposition BJP on Friday said the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) should own up responsibility for the scandal and take stern action against those involved.
"BCCI should own responsibility and come out clean. They can not escape from it since people who consider cricket as religion, feel betrayed due to the spot-fixing scandal", BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
Javadekar said BCCI must initiate strict action against players, administration and others involved in the spot-fixing.
Slamming BCCI chief N Srinivasan`s recent statement to a private news channel after the scandal was bust that the Board was a private entity, Jawadekar wondered, "If he (Srinivasan) says it is a private entity, then how can Team India be a national team? How can they (Team India) represent the country then?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested