IPL spot-fixing: BCCI must own up responsibility, says BJP
Mumbai: Alleging that cricket fans are "betrayed" due to IPL spot-fixing, opposition BJP on Friday said the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) should own up responsibility for the scandal and take stern action against those involved.
"BCCI should own responsibility and come out clean. They can not escape from it since people who consider cricket as religion, feel betrayed due to the spot-fixing scandal", BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
Javadekar said BCCI must initiate strict action against players, administration and others involved in the spot-fixing.
Slamming BCCI chief N Srinivasan`s recent statement to a private news channel after the scandal was bust that the Board was a private entity, Jawadekar wondered, "If he (Srinivasan) says it is a private entity, then how can Team India be a national team? How can they (Team India) represent the country then?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad